High Performance Training Camp
AWPA HP Camp -born 2007 additional
We have added the born 2007 athletes to the camp this year with modified times. For the 2007’s they will be divided from the other camp participants to have suitable training. During this 3 day camp the participants will have water sessions, classroom video sessions and dryland training. You will be taught and exposed to different kinds of training by top Canadian coaches and senior national team athletes. Spaces are limited and registration will fill up quickly. The coaches who are attending the camp will rotate through working with the 2007 athletes.
Location: Calgary Repsol Centre
Dates: Dec. 28-30th 2019
Hours: Dec. 28th 8:45am-4pm (2 pool sessions /lunch with video)
Dec. 29th 9am-3pm (2 pool sessions/ lunch and dryland/stretch)
Dec. 30th 8:30am-11:30pm (1 pool session/ info with athletes)
(start and end times are subject to slight changes because of pool bookings but changes will be communicated directly with registered participants)
• Top instruction from Canadian coaches
• Canadian NCAA/National team athletes help with pool sessions in the water
• 10 hours of water instruction per athlete
• Cap on number of camp participants so coaches can work with each athlete
• Position specific training as well as fundamental movements, perimeter shooting, driving, centre play
• Video analysis/classroom session
Alberta Water Polo will be coordinating the camp and registration so that the coaches participating can focus on the athletes. Once you have sent in your registration form and payment an email will come to you confirming your registration.